How can I think more positively?
Face the facts guys, having a positive outlook is a choice. You can choose to think thoughts that elevate your mood, throw a more positive light in difficult situations, and generally sprinkle your day with more cheer.
By setting a habit of taking a more positive outlook on life, you can begin to shift out of a negative frame of mind and see a life that is filled with possibilities and solutions instead of worries and obstacles.
If you have any of these questions going through your head, then you’re in the right place to move forward.
- How can I think more positively about yourself?
- Can I think more positively about your relationship?
- Can I change my outlook on my work?
If you want to know how to think more positively, just follow these 17 tips.
- How you choose to start the morning sets the tone for the entire day. Start each day with a positive goal or compliment yourself on something specific.
- When you surround yourself with positive people, you have little room for negative thoughts.
- Spend time doing activities that are uplifting. Sing, dance, and enjoy the life you currently have.
- Pay attention to your thoughts; if you are thinking negative thoughts, you’re more likely to have negative experiences.
- Take note of what you read as words have a direct impact on how you feel. The same is true of the words you speak. They can be powerful allies or destructive enemies.
- Even during the most trying times, you can always find a little humour. Find it. Enjoy it. Remember it.
- Stuff happens. You have the choice to dwell on the negative or turn it into a positive lesson.
- Tune in to a different station. Be it music or TV, find an uplifting station and your mood will instantly improve.
- Smile often. It releases endorphins and serotonin that make you feel better.
- Set goals for yourself. Celebrate when you meet one. No goal is too small to celebrate. No success is too small to encourage you.
- Take responsibility for your life. You’re not a victim. Stop making excuses. Having a better life starts with your decision to create it.
- If you dread getting up in the morning, change your thought pattern and expectations. Expect and watch for something wonderful to happen.
- Negative thought patterns can wreak havoc in your life. Interrupt the thoughts by breathing deeply or stretching when you catch them entering your mind.
- Thinking positive thoughts can be very helpful and uplifting. However, if you couple your positive thinking with unrealistic, unobtainable, expectations. You will be disappointed in the outcome. Keep your expectations realistic.
- Develop your positive, growth mindset with one word – Yet. This small encouraging, word is very powerful. If you don’t accomplish a goal when you want to, that doesn’t mean you failed. You just haven’t succeeded…yet.
- Research suggests thinking too positively about your success may decrease your motivation to work towards achieving your goal. Obviously, going overboard, even with positive thinking, can backfire.
- When you envision your future success, make sure it’s not a fantasized version. One study found that the most positive fantasies about the future predicted poor achievement. Don’t confuse your fantasies with reality.
7 Day Let’s Get Intentional Challenge
Why not join my challenge to get your facing the right direction? Do you want to make the most of your days? Have you got yourself into a negative spin and want to flip it onto the positive road?
This 7 days challenge is for you!
I’ll send you daily prompts for 7 days. If you follow these prompts, practice them daily, I promise you that each day will seem lighter and brighter.