Summer has arrived and it’s hot, hot, hot out there! How many of us are not loving the ideas of cooking in the heat? I can’t be the only one wanting to make quick, easy and healthy meals without the need for a hot oven?! Bring on the hunt for some veggie microwave recipes!
Whilst nearly evaporating myself, I’ve been looking for some delicious microwave recipes for the family to enjoy on the internet. Spending less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying family life whilst the weather is fabulous is a win: win!
If like me, there’s time you just can’t be bothered to think up ideas for dinner or spend too long in the kitchen, I have an idea or two! Never underestimate the power of the microwave, along with what you can produce from them! Whether you can cook like a pro or a cook wearing ‘L’ Plates, take comfort in the use of the microwave with these ideas that are absolutely foolproof!
Microwave Breakfast Ideas
- Poached / Scrambled Eggs
- Fridge Surprise Cheesy Omelette
Microwave Cheesy Omelette
One of the easiest meals to make in a microwave is the Fridge Surprise Cheesy Omelette.
- 2 Eggs
- Dash of milk
- Salt / Pepper
- Variety of Fridge ingredients
- Crack a couple of eggs.
- Whisk together with milk, salt, and pepper.
- Let it cook in the microwave for about a minute.
- You can even add in any vegetables from the fridge to make this quick dish extra filling.
Microwave Lunch Ideas
- Quick Veggie Wraps with Beans
- Stuffed Sweet Potato
- Flaked Salmon
Microwave Dinner Ideas
- Mac n Cheese
Microwave Side Ideas
- Steamed Veg
- New Potatoes
“I can help but add the extra couple of ideas for the odd sweet tooth! I hope you’ll forgive me!”
Microwave Treat Ideas
- Mug Cakes
Sticky Chocolate Cup Cake
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 mug caster sugar
- Combine your ingredients well, then spoon into 1 large mug or 2 small mugs.
- This will rise up then settle back down.
- Microwave for 50-60 seconds on high.
- Do not overcook.
- Sprinkle with Icing Sugar
- East while still warm.
There are so many variations of Mug Cakes out there, they are super easy and a great treat when you fancy a naughty (but nice) treat!
This is a collaborative post.